Friday, January 15, 2010

31 Day Fitness Challenge - Week 2

Last week I told you that I joined my buddy Amber in her challenge to work out every single day in January.

Last week I also told you I was crazy, right? Right.

So, how did I do this week?

Do I really have to tell you? Cus...I didn't do so well.

Alright, we're all friends here, so I guess I can be honest with you.

Friday - I was seriously tired because I am way too old to be going to concerts on "school" nights...so after work I managed an itty bitty tiny little ab work out. That's about all that happened there.

Saturday - Oh Saturday...I decluttered my kitchen. Yes, I know, I ran it by Amber and we both agreed this didn't really qualify as exercise, but...I'm short, and getting to the top of my cabinets requires much climbing on and off of chairs. Getting to the back of my cabinets required much bending and reaching...there were squats, abs, stretches, and I was dancing around the house the whole time...so, whatever, I'm calling it a work out. (weak, I know).

Sunday - I'm not even going to lie. I didn't work out on Sunday. At all. Exercise? Fail.

Monday - Back on track, I went to the gym and did an intense step aerobics class, called, appropriately enough, Steptensity. Whoo boy was that a class!

Tuesday - I punished myself a little bit more with my weekly kickboxing class. I LOVE that class.

Wednesday - I couldn't do an intense workout because my calves were KILLING me from my two previous work outs, so I just did a 15 minute ab work out.

Thursday - well, I was actually feeling pretty crappy (sniffly, headache, etc.)...so I did not workout last night. Yep...not so good.

And there you have it...Week 2.

I could dwell on the fact that it wasn't my greatest week in terms of commitment or dedication, but I'm not going to.

I'm going to focus on the fact that I have now found TWO great classes that I know I will be taking regularly, and am hoping to find one more at least. I'm going to focus on the fact that we're only 2 weeks into the new year, and I'm active, I'm trying, and determined and focused.

So, even if I'm not sticking to this challenge 100%, I'm still glad I'm doing it, I'm not quiting and I'm grateful to Amber for it, because it's working.

Now, anybody have a food challenge for me? Because I've been doing better, but I really need to get focused on the eating healthy thing...

No comments: