Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Anyone Out There???

June 1st:

Stepping up to the podium…clearing my throat…

“Ahem”…

Tapping the mike…

“Is this thing on?”

FEEDBACK…cringing…

“Hello??  Ah, yes, here we go…”

Deep breath…

It’s me, Candid K…your erstwhile blogger.  It has been far, far too long since a creative word, or even a photograph has shown up on this blog, and I have no excuses for you…only the truth.

Truth is, life is hectic, and I just haven’t had the energy or the inspiration to write.

But I’ve missed it, and I’ve missed you. 

More than once I’ve considering throwing in the blogging towel. Closing up shop and hanging the FOR SALE sign here at Candid Karina’s.

But I can’t do that.  I’m not a quitter.  I don’t give up.

And besides, I miss my bloggy friends.

So I’m here, I’m back, and I’m not making any promises, but I’m challenging myself to be more present.

And this is why, crazy as it may seem, I have decided to challenge myself to post EVERY DAY this month.

Short posts, long posts, word posts, photo posts, some days, you may get life stories, other days you may simply get a photograph, and other days still, I may revisit old posts I feel the need to share with you again.

But the goal is for a post a day.  Many years ago, it was such a challenge that kicked off my love of blogging, and really got me going, so I’m hoping I can once again revive the blog, and my relationship with my bloggy friends through this challenge once more.

Stay tuned…it’s going to be a BUSY month…