Monday, March 19, 2007

4 in 30 - SHOES, so many shoes...

Yeah, yeah, I'm a day late, but I'll post twice today to make up for it. Moving on:

I want to talk about the beauty of the bargain.

Those who know me, know that I have a bit of a shopping habit, some might go so far as to call it an addiction. I wear the "shopaholic" badge with pride however, because, yes, I shop a lot, but you'd be hardpressed to find anyone as good at bargain hunting as I am. I challenge you to do so...that's right, you can't.

When it comes to clothing, shoes, accessories, my collections are larger than most people's. To be honest, I've run out of room in my bureaus, my closets, my cabinets, underbed storage bins...ALL are overflowing. I repeatedly fill bags for Goodwill, and yet, never deplete my wardrobe. Most weekends I can be found on shopping expeditions with one of my good friends, who is the ONLY person I know who can probably rival me in her bargain hunting skills.

I am often praised on my clothing, and take great pleasure out of the fact that the jacket you covet cost me a mere $2.00...no folks, that is not a typo...TWO dollars, I said.

I do NOT wear cheap clothing, I buy good clothing CHEAP. There is a huge difference in that.

And the shoes? OH, the shoes...it's always about the shoes. As I've heard and/or read on several occasions, clothes may not always fit right, but shoes, they always look good. So I own lots of shoes. Can never have enough shoes, always plan on adding to my fabulous collection of shoes.

This brings me to this weekend's bargain. Four pairs of shoes...count them...one: reddish/wine pair of pumps, two: brown suede round toe platform heels, three: black high heeled leather boots, four: black, fur-lined, casual ugg type (but much cuter) comfy winter boots (originally priced at $60)...and the grand total, for ALL four pairs? $20. That is TWENTY total, not per pair...as in not even enough to cover the price of ONE shoe at regular retail price.

Thank you very much.

There is no high greater than that felt when walking out of a department store with a bag I could fit into, having spent $20. The beauty of a bargain...sigh.

No comments: