Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Father's Day

In honor of daddy's day, I figured I'd introduce you all to my dad. Of course, since my mom and dad are a true example of a "love story", there's really no introcing my dad without introducing my mom...So, here's my dad, with my mom, while she was pregnant with me...yep, that's me in her belly!


Mom and dad have truly always had this wonderful relationship, that even in the worst of times, there was never any doubt they would make it through. Here's another shot of my dad, with mom, and me...at my christening:

Check out the bellbottoms! My father is the sweetest, nicest, hardest working guy I know. Personality wise, my dad and I are a bit too much alike, and when I was a teenager, this meant that with our stubborness, and short tempers, we butted heads a lot. I hate to think back now about how much we fought at that time. But thankfully, we've both mellowed out a lot, and I absolutely love my dad, and we get along fantastically now. My brother is also a bit hotheaded, but being 9 years younger than me, he was lucky to get the more mellowed out version of my dad...(I think I'd already worn dad out by the time my brother hit the teenage years). Here's one of my favorite shots of my dad with the two of us. It was taken during a vacation back to Portugal almost 10 years ago.


I'm sure I've got some recent pictures around somewhere too, but I have to go get ready to go hang out with dad today, so these will have to do.

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to all the dad's out there.

No comments: