Monday, January 21, 2008

Fun Monday - Its an Anniversary Party


This week is the One Year Anniversary of Fun Monday, so the Fun Monday powers that be (the group of bloggers who somehow make Fun Monday happen every week without a main blogsite or any "true" leader, which still sort of amazes me that it works this way), decided to contact the person responsible for the very first Fun Monday. Vicki was glad to do it, and here is her assignment to us:

It all started with "Your View". I wanted to see what you see when you look out your front door. So for this Anniversary Fun Monday lets do it again!
Here's the assignment. For those of you who did NOT post a picture of your view from your front door, then your assignment is to post a view from your front door. To do this you stand in your doorway looking outside and take a picture. That simple. We (I) want to see what you see when you look out your front door.
For those of you who DID post your view, link back to that post you posted a year ago, and then re-list your very first post ever. We want to see how far you've come baby! Also, if you can, post the comments you received on that post.

Okay, so, I wasn't participating in Fun Monday when it all began, therefore I'll give you my view from my front door. Ready?

Yeah, pretty lame huh? I live in a condo complex, therefore my front door faces my neighbor across the hall's front door. I can't exactly leave you with that boring site and call it a day, can I?

I've previously posted the view from my balcony in several posts, and since my balcony faces the front of the building I live in, that is trully the view from the "front door". You can see some of those shots here and here. Or here (the following taken last night):






For a view from a condo complex, I've got a pretty good one, don't you think?

We've also been given the option to re-list our very first post. I actually started blogging elsewhere, and mostly to keep in touch with family and friends then. So, when I started this here blog, I never did an introductory post or anything of the sort, I just kept right on writing. I won't copy and paste my first post here, because it was pretty long, but you can read it here. It was all about Corey Haim and his "fall from grace" if you will, and how that related back to me personally. I received no comments to that post, like I said, noone but a few friends were reading my blog then, and they didn't comment, they just lurked. I have, by the way, done a follow up post on Mr. Haim since then, but should probably do another one, since it seems he's fallen off the wagon once again. Oh Corey!

Well, this was a great Fun Monday to be a part of. Thanks Vikki for hosting. Please be sure to stop by Angela at the Lurchers for next week's Fun Monday assignment.

22 comments:

Aoj and The Lurchers said...

What a glorious sunset you get and how lovely to see that from our balcony! Very lucky!

Linda said...

Good save! The view from your balcony is really much better than your front door.

laurie said...

OK, that door picture made me laugh!

Beckie said...

Great view from the balcony!

Anonymous said...

Nice one and I was amazed at the length of your first post! And you didn't even get a comment for it! Well, you'll have plenty now!
Bless you!

Anonymous said...

You DO have a great balcony view...I don't have no stinkin' balcony, lol (condo living has its definite advantages!).

Your post on Corey? His rise and fall and plateau and fall makes me sad...it's a pattern we see (sadly) over and over and over. It's pretty pathetic when you see a child actor "make it" to adulthood without even and think that's something.

And wow...you could write from the very beginning!

Anonymous said...

I think your neighbor needs a wreath or something!

What beautiful outdoor shots.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful sunsets!

and hey - I remember reading that article on Corey Haim before, but I didn't leave a comment. hmmmm.....

Pamela said...

yes indeed you have a much nicer view than many - even those not in a condo.

I was hoping your neighbor might have been disrobed at his door - but no luck, eh?

Alison said...

Your view is beautiful..the colors of the sunset were beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous view from your balcony! Beautiful sunset shots!

Kaytabug said...

Love you balcony shots!! Those are great! When I used to live in apartment buildings I always had something nice to look at hanging on my door!

Wouldn't it be great to see Haim in Celerity Rehab with Dr. Drew?!!!!
I don't know he was too much when I watched the 2 Coreys!

Anonymous said...

Love the sunset colors.

Joy T. said...

Oh man the picture of that door had me just about falling off my chair here LOL And from a condo complex you BET you have a great view from your balcony!

ellen b. said...

The sunsets are wonderful. Enjoyed my visit looking out from your place...

Karina said...

Angela, thank you, yes...I'm lucky with that view.

Linda, yeah...the front door leaves a bit to be desired.

Laurie, glad at least it was entertaining in some way!

Beckie, thanks!

TVNM, Thank you...yeah, I'm uh...how do you say it...WORDY. haha

Robin, yeah, the rise and fall of child stars is quite sad.

Susan, my neighbor actually had a lovely christmas wreath up until about a week ago, but then, Christmas has been over for a while, right? I, on the other hand, have a great wreath my friend made me on my door...with seashells and beachy things on it. (wishful thinking I think)

Karmyn, thanks.

Pamela, trust me, you do NOT want to see that particular neighbor disrobed. At least I certainly do not! ;-)

Alison, I couldn't resist that sunset...I stepped out in very cold temps to take those shots. My friend who was over watching the game with me said "are you nuts?" but I think it was worth it.

Christine, thanks

Kaytabug, they're not doing another season of The Two Coreys because him and Feldman had a falling out after that one. I read an interview with Feldman that alluded to Corey having a "setback"...so I can only assume he's back on drugs...so sad!

eclectic, yeah, it was a beautiful one!

Joy, as I said above, I'm glad that shot of the door was at least entertaining in some way! hahaha

Ellen B. glad you enjoyed it. You're welcome anytime! I'll put on the kettle.

Julia Phillips Smith said...

Yes, the door picture got a laugh from me, too. I've been laughing at different blog posts all evening. Must be the full moon.

Your balcony view is really lovely. And thanks for the links to the two Corey posts. I love the photo of your picture-wallpaper room! My sister had one just like it, only it was plastered with Sting and The Police.

Peter said...

great photos from your balcony.

Gattina said...

You are lucky ! that's a very pretty view !!

karisma said...

Well I think the view from you balcony is so much nicer than that from your front door. Thank you for sharing it with us.

ChrisB said...

I came by yesterday but could get the photos to upload. I'm glad I came back for another try~ you have some great pictures of the sunsets.

Unknown said...

Oh yeah, you have agreat view and from that view no would ever believe you're in a condo. But to open you door and see a door? Well, maybe you're neighbor will let you paint something ahppy over there.