Sunday, May 25, 2008

It's our birthday!!!

Who's birthday you ask? Well, that would be the one year Birthday/Anniversary of SheWhoBlogs.

Technically, our anniversary was yesterday, but I feel such an event warrants a celebration that lasts longer than just one day, therefore, I'm celebrating today.

It was just about a year ago this week that I stumbled across one of Frances' blogs. I remember that it was through some photo meme (perhaps Photo Hunter, though I can't be sure), and then I did some poking around, and Frances was inquiring if any women bloggers would be interested in joining/creating a group with her for SheWhoBloggers to chat, support one another and help promote one another. I jumped on the chance, and one year later, here we all are.

I've met some wonderful bloggers through SheWhoBlogs, but the group has grown by leaps and bounds in the last year, and I believe at last count Frances said there are now 70+ members, which means I have not been able to get to know a whole slew of the members just yet.

Still, this is a fantastic group of ladies, and I am so glad to be a part of it.

Just last week I was lucky enough to meet our founding mother, and queen of all blogging (in my eyes), and we had a fabulous time together. I hope to meet many more of the SheWhoBloggers in the coming years.

For today, I say HAPPY ANNIVERSARY ladies, here's to another great blogging year!!!

No comments: