Thursday, May 15, 2008

Thursday Thirteen #54 - A Mini-Getaway


I'm leaving in a bit for a weekend getaway in NYC, so here's a quick TT about what I will be doing this weekend:
1. Taking a GreyHound Bus from Boston to NY, which I love to do, because it gives me some time to just sit back, read a book, listen to music, write, and with my new mp3 player, I plan on watching a movie tomorrow as well.
2. Having dinner in Manhattan tonight, at either a Brazillian or Ethiopian restaurant, we haven't quite decided which yet.
3. Stalking the New Kids On The Block. Okay, not really, but I do plan on heading to the Today Show on Friday morning and checking out the scene. I may not stick around, depending on the crowd, but I figure I should at least check it out.
4. Meeting a fellow blogger for lunch. I am so excited about this one. She happens to be one of my favorite bloggers and I can't wait to meet her in person. I'll reveal all when I get back next week...stay tuned.
5. Taking photos. Lots of photos which I will share with you next week as well.
6. Using Blogger's handy new "post-date" feature, so that I can keep up with Blog365 even when I'm away from my computer for three days.
7. Visiting St. Patrick's Cathedral. At least I hope to do this one, I promissed a friend I would try to do so, so it's high on my list.
8. Going to the movies. Not sure what we'll watch yet, but we are both big movie lovers, so a movie night out is on the menu.
9. Chatting, laughing, and just enjoying the company of my good friend Ms. B.
10. Shopping. Hey, she's the one who said she wanted to go shopping, what was I to say? No? Right...didn't think so.
11. People watching. I love people watching, and what better place to do it than N.Y.?
12. Reading. A lot of bus time means a lot of time to read and/or listen to my audio books.
13. Having fun and hopefully collecting all sorts of blog fodder for you guys!
Have a great weekend everyone, but be sure to come back, I've got some fun little posts ready to go for you the next few days.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

WHOOOHOOO!!! super uper duper exciting!!! And you better take LOTS of pics of The New Kids if you see them!!! Have fun chickie!! :)

Rebecca said...

I WAS coming by to remind you about Rockin' With Frigga, but you're in NY Rockin' out big time and having super fun!!! :D

qualcosa di bello said...

if you chose the brazilian restaurant, please share the info...i love me somma that!!!