Thursday, February 04, 2010

If I Had a Boyfriend - This Post Wouldn't Exist

It’s no longer a secret (to me as well as to others) that I’m ready to meet a guy. I’ve been single for a long time, and although being single certainly has had its advantages, I’ve come to terms with the fact that I am indeed ready for a relationship again.


The prospects are, however, few and far between, and I find myself at a crossroads of a sort. Finally having let down my guard enough to realize the reasons I want a partner in life, to allow those feelings in, but unable to share them with anyone just yet.


But the beauty of this situation is that I am beginning to be able to visualize the next chapter in my life. I can now see how things will be, why it will be good for me, how it will be different, what it will offer me.


In much the way of “The Secret”, I’m allowing myself to project into the world what it is that I want, and expecting the universe to deliver. At some point…whenever that should happen to be…are you listening universe?


Michael Buble says it well in his new song “Wherever You Are, Whenever It’s Right, You’ll come out of nowhere and into my life, and I know that we can be so amazing, and baby your love is gonna change me, and now I can see every possibility…I just haven’t met you yet”.




In the meantime, I allow myself to do something I haven’t done in a long long time. I indulge in the silly fantasies of the things I look forward to sharing with my future guy. And because I’m a blogger, you, my dear readers, get to indulge with me.


Welcome to my new blog series “If I had a boyfriend”. There’s no anticipated schedule for these posts, they’ll be as random as my realizations that certain things are meant to be done as part of a couple.


These will not be “woe is me, life as a single girl sucks” whine fests, they will be fun, silly, and sometimes serious reflections of life as a single woman ready for a change.


Stay tuned.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Great post Sonia. I love that song by the way. Last week I must have had it in my head 24/7.

MsRico626 said...

I love it! I don't know if I am ready but I got sucked into eharmony... and damn it! It worked... more to come later. BTW... not the place to put it but are you interested in a grils trip to Jamaica? Booking this week... let me know!

Amber @ Classic Housewife said...

Such a good place to be in! Comfortable and happy, not whiny, ready but not needy, enjoying where you are but looking forward to what the future brings.. I pray God brings you someone who is at the same great place in life. =) In the meantime, sounds like a series you can really have fun with. =)