Friday, February 26, 2010

Only The Good Friday - Count Your Blessings


I’m doing things a little bit differently for Only The Good today.


I had a moment yesterday. I learned, quite by accident, that a very casual acquaintance, who I’d only met once or twice, but who played a pretty important role in a friend’s life, passed away. Quite young, and unexpectedly. It shook me.


So today, on Only The Good Friday, I just want to focus on all the things that are indeed so good, but we may possibly take for granted on a daily basis…


Waking up in the cocoon of your own bed,


The feel of warm water hitting your head as you step in the shower


A plush robe


The smell of fresh brewed coffee


Putting on your favorite pair of shoes


Turning the key in the ignition of your new (or old, but beloved) car


Saying good morning to the coworkers you genuinely like


Receiving a text, email, phone call from a friend


That second cup of coffee at your desk


Hearing that song you’d forgotten you love


The satisfaction of completing a project at work


Seeing it is clock out time


Unexpected dinner plans with a friend


Sweating it out at the gym


Taking off your shoes at the end of the day


Comfy pj’s


Lighting your favorite candle


The couch, the television, your snuggie, relax time


A heartfelt prayer of thanks at the end of the night


That moment just before you drift off to sleep, when you realize you’re almost out…


Take a second…count your blessings…Life is SO GOOD…don’t let it pass you by focusing on the trivial details that mire us down.


5 comments:

Jill said...

Don't take this the wrong way, but I laughed a little at this.. because, well, you realize you're about to go to sleep and to me it's 'I'm soooo tired I can't believe I'm not asleep zzzzz'.. that's what having a toddler will to do you. Hope you have a great weekend!

becky laswell said...

Thanks for the reminders of what's good. I forget to remember so many good things (like taking your shoes off at the end of the day -- even better when you can then bury your toes into soft carpet)

Thanks, too, for the idea overall, which I borrowed for my own use. :) This Good Friday concept just might become a revolution!

This Eclectic Life said...

Excellent, Karina! I love counting blessings! Now, you didn't sign in on the Mr. Linky, so I added you to it. I hope that's alright!
You have a wonderful weekend, and know that knowing you virtually is one of the blessing that I count! *wink*

JoyACookin' said...

I'm glad that Shelly added you to her Mr Linky, otherwise I wouldn't have found you. What a great list to remind us of the everyday details of life that bring joy. Funny how the irritants can all too often crowd out the gems, small though they may be. That cozy robe is there for us!

Anonymous said...

I saw that you had dropped by my blog and I thought that I would return the favor. This is a great list! I started blogging on this topic to help me recognize all that is good in my daily average life. I really related to your list. I'm counting my blessings at http://plentifulsufficiency.blogspot.com