Monday, July 09, 2007

I've been tagged - 8 Random Facts

I've been tagged by Jennieboo at OSOMOLOVE. Here are the rules of the game:

Participants:
1. Make a list of 8 random things about yourself and/or your life on your own blog.
2. Tag 8 other bloggers leaving a comment on their blog with a link to your post.

This was a lot tougher for me than I thought it would be...you would think for someone who loves to talke about myself as much as I do, I could come up with 8 random facts quite easily right? Yeah...not so much...okay, here goes:

1. I collect Betty Boop "stuff", but have done so since WAY before Betty Boop was "cool" and you could find her stuff everywhere.

2. I have also acquired a collection of "Angel" stuff, even though I've never actually attempted to, people just keep giving me things with Angels on them, and I now have a pretty nice collection going.

3. I also have a large collection of stuffed monkeys...for some reason, for a while when I was in high school and college, people (mostly guys) kept giving me stuffed monkeys as gifts...cute Valentine's ones, funny birthday ones...just random monkeys...I still have them all.

4. I've mentioned I was born in Angola, Africa, but what you might not know (except for you Paula, I know you know), is that I was born during a civil war, and there were actual bombs falling and "curfews" set, and shooting "zones" all around us when I was born, and my parents are pretty damn lucky they weren't killed in some of the situations they found themselves in.

5. I have been single for...gulp...almost 5 years now, and by single I mean, I may have MAYBE gone on a total of 6 dates in that time...I mean TRULY single. I took a self-imposed dating "hiatus" after my last break, and then life got busy, and then life got good, and the "hiatus" stretched into an almost cancellation of sorts.

6. I have decided recently that I might just be ready to start dating again...and I might even MAYBE have a crush of sorts, but no, I'm not ready to elaborate on that just yet.

7. I have been a bridesmaid 5 times, but have been invited to be a bridesmaid 7 times, two of the weddings didn't happen (one of them I backed out of before it fell through). I am an expert at wedding planning, bridezillas, what not to do, and how to control temperamental Maids of Honor now, and am also pretty sure that I'll be eloping when my time comes! haha

8. I am going to a wedding at the end of this month, and it will be the first wedding in over 3 years I go to as a GUEST and I cannot wait to enjoy myself without the responsibilities of being a member of the wedding party. And I get to wear a dress I picked out myself (which I bought this weekend and just LOVE).

Well, there you have it. Now, about tagging 8 bloggers...I don't want to re-tag those who've already been tagged, so instead I issue you a challenge...if you are reading this and haven't already done it, YOU ARE TAGGED. And if you have already done it but feel like doing it again...go for it!

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

Yes, I've learned that weddings are much more fun when you're not in the wedding party!
And whoohooo for having a crush (even a small one!) Of course, I always have tons of crushes that change about as often as my underroos. ;-)

Miss Frou Frou said...

I've had a crush on someone for most of the year, but I'm pretty sure he doesn't even realise I'm a girl.. so am adjusting myself to the idea that we're just going to be great mates.

Guess what - another coincidence - I have a pretty impressive angel collection!

And I knew Eric B fronted a band, haven't listened to any of the music yet.. will have to check it out.

MommaBoo said...

Thanks for doing your "TAG".

I enjoyed reading more about you.

Boop Boop Boop Be Boo Boop!

:D

Anonymous said...

As you read in my 8 I got married in sneakers and jogging suit. My daughter had a church wedding. She's quite the 21st century child. She did the majority of the shopping online including her wedding dress, the bridesmaids dresses, invites, center pieces, and favors. And it was all beautiful.
Enjoy the wedding.
And good luck with dating ;)
There all waiting for a lovely like you,
Frances

Literary Feline said...

You have some nice collections there! I think sometimes my mother forgets what she thinks I'm collecting because each year for my birthday or Christmas I either get something related to Tweety, Winnie the Pooh, or Betty Boop. :-) Gotta love her.

I cannot even imagine what life must have been like for your parents back then. I am glad they came through it--as well as you!

My wedding experience is so limited that it's pathetic. I've never been a bridesmaid. I'm not sure I'd want to be after hearing some of my coworkers' horror stories recently. :-S