Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Cafe Karina - American Idol - Round 3

Here we are, week three of narrowing down 36 contestants to 12 on American Idol. 12 more performances tonight, so let's get to it...

Von Smith: He's a cute little thing, isn't he? Sort of reminds me a little of Joey McIntyre during the New Kids heyday back in the day. I thought he was great and I enjoyed the performance more than I expected to.

Taylor Vaifanua: We haven't really seen much of her before tonight, and that tends to work against these kids unless they knock the performance out of the park. I don't know that she did that, but it was a solid performance. She has a beautiful voice and she sang the song well, but it was just a little blah for me.

Alex Wagner-Trugman: He knows he's a little dorky, but I like this kid. He has a good voice as well, though the performance was a little strange...a little off. But, it was quirky, and this kid is quirky...I like him. He won't make it through, but I like him.

Arianna Afsar: Love this girl from the auditions, think she has a beautiful voice. Wow! This girl is by far the best female vocalist this season, possibly the best vocalist on the show completely. I loved it...and yet, Simon (and the rest of the judges)hated it...hmm...I think they were way too hard on her.

Ju'Not Joyner: Kind of love him. He's the kind of singer I could listen to over and over again. He's got a great voice and took that song and really delivered. Love him.

Kristen McNamara: Great voice, good song choice for her, I think she did great. And I swear, I saw Simon dancing in his chair at one point. But I'm not convinced about her yet.

Nathanial Marshall: I really really wish this kid would take those stupid headbands things off his head...REALLY wish he would. Besides that? I don't have much to say about this performance, um...Meatloaf? Really? UGH

Felicia Barton: Wait, what? She didn't make it? So, why is she there? and why is she singing Alicia Keys? Don't these girls know you don't touch Alicia's songs? That's the second one tonight. She did pretty well with it though, I've got to hand it to her.

Scott Macyntyre: He has a great voice and this was a great performance, if a little dull. I mean, he is absolutely talented, but I wasn't overwhelmed...it was good.

Kendall Beard: She was pitchy dawg. I didn't love her performance...at all.

Jorge Nunez: I'll be honest, watching this show late, on Tivo, and I'm exhausted, and by the time this kid got up on stage, I was starting to fall asleep. So, as I sat here, with my eyes closing, I was really enjoying listening to him. He sounded great. I loved his performance. and I love how adorable and sweet he is.

Lil' Rounds: I like this girl, she has a fantastic voice and was one of my favorite girls from the auditions. I thought she was fantastic tonight, she performed like a seasond pro, and sounded great. This girl is ready to be a star. LOVE HER, love the little "call this show if you just can't be without me baby"..love it.

And there you have it...tomorrow we find out not only which three from tonight make it through, but we also find out all abou the "Wildcards"...

Till then, cuz I'm off to bed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ditto. I'm not sure if Lil' Rounds is Lil' Rounds or if her name is actually LIL... like lilly. we shall see..