Thursday, March 05, 2009

Cafe Karina - American Idol - Wildcard

Here's the real WildCard moment of the night...will I or won't I keep watching American Idol this season after this episode? It's all up in the air, because it really depends on what the judges decide to do.

In tonight's episode eight contestants have been given a second chance to battle it out for the three remaining spots in the top twelve. So, the real question is, will the judges put them through based on talent, or are they looking for this season's Sanjaya? Because, Tatiana still being there? It's a Sanjaya moment if you ask me.

Anyway, I've had more than my share of American Idol talk this week, so I'll keep this brief tonight...

The performances:

Jesse Langseth: Was good, wasn't great.
Matt Giraud: LOVED him. LOVED!
Megan Corkey: Loved her too, though I thought it was a little rough at times.
Von Smith: Yikes...song choice Von! Didn't love it. He has a great voice, but this was NOT a good song choice for him.
Jasmine Murray: I thought she sounded great, she has a great voice, but I didn't think this was the best song choice for her either.
Ricky Braddy: This boy can sing, he has a great voice, and he had fun up there. He doesn't really grab me personally, but he is great.
Tatiana Del Toro: UGH...just her little intro film made me want to turn off my television she annoys me so damn much. But then damn it, if this girl can't sing. She actually has a pretty great voice...damn it, she can sing. UGH....but then she opens her mouth to speak and I want to throw something at my television.
Anoop Desai: Why does this guy pick these songs? My Perrogative? Really? I have to be honest, I'm not getting all the hype for Anoop...I'm just not. Don't get me wrong, he has a good voice, but...eh.

And that's that...so who made it through?

Jasmine Murray is up first and told she is going through. (I'm good with that choice).
Ricky Braddy is up next, and he is not.
Then Ryan brings up Megan Corkey and Tatiana and when we are told that Megan is going through and Tatiana is NOT, I do a little dance for joy. I guess I'll keep watching the show then.

Now there is one spot left, and...and the show went over it's aloted time and my Tivo didn't record it. No, seriously, it stopped just short of the final announcement.

But, fret not dear readers, I looked it up. It's between Von Smith, Jesse Langseth, Matt Giraud and Anoop Desai. Me personally? I'd have picked Matt Giraud, but I was thinking the judges would go with Anoop...

Well, I was right and wrong, because it turns out that they decided to go with 13 this season, and both Matt and Anoop have made it through.

So there you go...the judges have made it so that I can continue to watch the show by eliminating Tatiana, and choosing some actually talented singers.

I'm looking forward to next week's performances, are you?

4 comments:

Literary Feline said...

I was glad to hear that Tatiana didn't make it through to the next round too. I haven't actually seen the show yet, but I will be watching it when it starts in another half hour. Yeah, I cheated. :-) I heard that she overshadowed Megan's victory though. Not so good.

I'm happy that both Matt and Anoop made it. I know you don't care for Anoop, but I really like him (even though I doubt he'll make it to the end). And I love Matt's voice.

I'm looking forward to seeing next week's show.

Pamela said...

I watched some of this -- had to run out for a previous appointment right in the middle.

BUT... when I saw that Tatiana got tossed I told my husband that I needed to go hoot & hollar with Karina.

He read your blog with me once night this week and we were laughing together about your love for Tatiana. giggle.

Anonymous said...

yes, that tatiana broad can sing. hers was the only one i heard, due to the fact that i was on hte phone with my mom. oh and i heard a tiny bit of my prerogative? i know its spelled funny, but not sure if thats right, anyway, you missed the redhead thinking she was in and she wasn't. simon needs to learn to say NO and not sugarcoat it because he confuses people with his mumbling

Anonymous said...

I was honestly sad to see Von leave even though he has a habit of sing out the side of his mouth... he could have done great things if he sang the right songs