Saturday, February 23, 2008

Saturday Photo Hunt #8 - Wooden



The Photo Hunter theme this week is Wooden. The very first thing I though of when I saw the theme was my old collection of pencil sharpeners. I have about 100 of them, and one of these days, I'll have to share photos of all of them here...but for now, I give you my three wooden ones:

Aren't they cute? But I couldn't stop there...really, I don't know how to stop...this next item is a gift an ex-boyfriend brought me from a trip to Ghana and it hangs on my bedroom wall:

Just one more, my last piece is something I made in shop class in the 8th grade, I got an A+ and have always been kind of proud of it. Now it hangs right inside my front door, I use it daily to hang up my keys:

And there you have it. Happy Saturday.


14 comments:

Flo said...

Those are great photos for the subject. I have never seen pencils sharpeners like that. Over 100?!?! Wow!!! Very good job on the key hanger, you deserved and A :)

My entry is up over at:
Flo's Place

LB said...

Cool pictures. Hope you have a nice weekend.

tx sweetie said...

very great things to possess Karina. I like the sharpeners just so cute eh..i wonder if i can have one so ur collection would not be complete anymore? hehe

I have a wooden Harley Davidson motorcycle you should check it out too

Wooden Harley Davidson motorcycle

**"Liza"** said...

ohh love those little cute pencil sharpener.Very nice entry for this week hunt.Have a wonderful weekend.;)

My so called life
Life's Impression

Unknown said...

I like the sharpeners, I'm sure I had some when I was a child too, but mine are long gone :)

mjsterling said...

Oh I never had a pencil sharpener ever since... can I have one of those? lolz!

nice and cute wooden stuff u have here. happy hunting
Wooden Staircase
Wooden Doorway

Unknown said...

What a neat collection to have, at first I thought they may have been old Little People....I wish I had some of my old wooden Little People still.

Come see my first ever Photo Hunters post.

Pamela said...

what a strange collection: pencil sharpeners.

My mind is failing - the other day I read a blog and there was another strange collection...but I can't remember for the life of me what it was

Unknown said...

Hey great wooden things. I love your cute lil pencil sharpeners! Oh and your wall hanging and of course your key key.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE those pencil sharpeners! They are adorable!

Junebug said...

Very cool wooden items especially your key.

Julia Phillips Smith said...

Very striking keyholder, Karina. And the Ghana wall hanging is very funky. But the pencil sharpeners are really, really cute. I can't wait to see more of your collection.

Katney said...

We have a key hanger just like that somewhere. If we would use it, we would not be missing our keys so often.

Dragonstar said...

You deserved that A+! Love your pencil sharpeners.