Monday, March 10, 2008

Frankly My Dear, It's Fun Monday!


This week's Fun Monday is being hosted by the I.T. Guy and he has a pretty creative idea for us which is a bit of a take-off from last week's Fun Monday. Here's what he asked us to do:

I need YOU (yes, the wonderful YOU!) to pick 5 memorable lines from 5 different movies (if you could tell us which character said it and to whom, would be a bonus)...and tell us to WHOM (who in the people in your life) you could have said those lines.

Easy enough, right? WRONG! Seriously, I love movies, and I love movie quotes, but this is a pretty tall order here...I wasn't sure I could do it. And then with my internet being down all day yesterday, and the fact that I am leaving in about two minutes to go celebrate my birthday off with my mom and brother at the zoo (yep, should be a fun, silly day), I'm pretty sure this won't be the "Funnest" Monday you visit today. However, I searched my brain high and low, and here's what I came up with:

From Beaches: CC Bloom "But enough about me, let's talk about you, what do you think of me?"
Who I'd say this to: In all honesty, I don't think I could ever actually say this with a straight face, but I'd like to be able to have the panache to just say it, wouldn't you? Maybe I'll use it when I start dating again. haha

From Bring It On: Torros Squad: That's all right. That's OK. You're gonna pump our gas someday.
Who I'd say it to: One particularly obnoxious ex-friend who thought she was going to be bigger than life and treated everyone around her like "underlings"...from what I know, she hasn't made it big yet.

From Men in Black: Agent J to Agent K: "You know the difference between you and me? I make this look good."
Who I'd say it to: The Nazi, at the firm whos make comments like "I don't know how you can wear those heels all day" or "That's a pretty trendy outfit"...and says it with that "I don't quite get your style" tone in her voice, but the woman is a small town mind and I was a big city girl for a while, old habits die hard, you know? ;-)
From Miss Congeniality: Gracie Hart: You think I'm gorgeous... you want to kiss me... you want to date me.

Who I'd say this to: The really cute guy standing in line behind me at Wal-Mart last night, who kept smiling at me while mom and I paid for our purchases. Damn it, I really should have said that.


From Steel Magnolias: Truvy: I have a strict policy that nobody cries alone in my presence.
Who I'd say this to: Pretty much anyone who ever cries in front of me, because I'm totally a sympathy crier. If there are tears in the room, I'm joining in.

Okay, that's it for me, I really have to go, my family is waiting for me. Hope you all have a great Monday. And please come back tomorrow, I want to tell you all about the fantastic birthday weekend I'm having!





Robbie: "Remember, alcohol equals puke equals smelly mess equals nobody likes you!" wedding singer

20 comments:

Jill said...

yup i use the miss congeniality quote from time to time on my hubby. he he!

Jannis said...

Oh those were excellent choices! Feliz Cumpleanos bonita!!!

Beckie said...

The pump your gas one is great! I remember now. I know a few people I could say that to.

SwampAngel65 said...

The puke quote? Must save that for a certain person who recently stained my carpet, broke a bathroom mirror and cause me to throw out a pillow and sheets...

I do not like him. The quote is so true!

Julia Phillips Smith said...

Hope you guys have a fun and silly day, celebrating you!

Here are a few quotes my husband and I say to each other -

"Join me and together we can rule the galaxy." (Darth Vader)

This is used anytime the conversation calls for 'join me'.

"You...do not believe me. You will, Dr. Jones. You will become a true believer." (Mola Ram from 'Indiana Jones and The Temple of Doom')

This is an all-purpose quote for the phrase 'you don't believe me.'

Tiggerlane said...

I love the line from Miss Congeniality - I use that "sing song" tone all the time, only a bit different words. And yeah - you should have said it! Great choices.

Unknown said...

I love the pumping gas one! You should do it. :)

Sayre said...

Those were all great, but I especially like the Beaches one and the MIB one...

Faye said...

Oh my, missed opportunities at Wal-mart! Maybe there will be another one--good luck and you already have your lines down!

Irish Coffeehouse said...

You have me cracking up over the Beaches quote. I completely agree; it would be a blast to say it to someone! Hmm... I'll be thinking about that!

Thanks for sharing!

j said...

The Beaches Quote was my favorite! Great Fun Monday post. Jennifer

Heather said...

These were fun!

the planet of janet said...

my daughter quotes "bring it on" all.the.time.

sheesh!

the planet of janet said...

and happy birthday!!

Sandy said...

Excellent choices! Happy Birthday and I hope the Wedding Singer quote doesn't come true.

Peter said...

Happy Birthday, 5 very good choices but you had me going with your title, I'm doing a Frankly my dear .... survey and you get a half point for the title.
That makes 6 direct hits for "Frankly" and 5 half points for references or other lines from Gone with the wind.

Emma Gorst said...

That Miss Congeniality line comes back loud and clear. It was a brilliant bit of comedy :-)

Attie said...

Love oyur choices!!! ones I have never heard of!!! my movie list is getting longer!!

Pamela said...

Delightful choices.
I often quote "miss congeniality" to my hubby.

and from The Day of The Dolphin, I always say
"Ma loves Pa" in the highest squeaky voice I can muster.

Karina said...

Lil mouse, I love that line from that movie...it always makes me laugh.

Jannis, Gracias!!

Beckie, yeah, Bring It On was cheesy, but had some really great lines.

Swampangel, the puke quote, I meant to delete, but accidentally left it in, and then decided I liked it there! ;-)

Julia, those are some fun quotes too!

tiggerlane, oh, shoulda, woulda coulda....sigh...

Lisa, I really should! ;-)

Sayre, Beaches is the best movie ever, isn't it?

Faye, I know, the things you think of AFTER the fact...I've been practicing in front of the mirror (not really) ;-)

Irish, glad I made you laugh!

Jennifer, Heather an Janet, THANKS!

Sandy, Not for me...I don't drink like that anymore (not that I ever really did)...I'd rather NOT wake up with the hangover. ;-)

Peter, I was kind of expecting the title quote to be popular on this FM.

Aurora, it sure was.

Jettie, yes, I also got a few ideas for movies to add to my list!

Pamela, for some reason, I can picture you doing that Ma Loves Pa line! ;-)