Sunday, March 16, 2008

Passing it on again

I haven't really been doing a great job of keeping track of my "good deeds" the last few weeks, mostly because I've added the little things I started to do at the beginning of Lent as a part of my daily routines. It's actually nice to realize that I'm beginning to unconsciously do the things I was making a conscious effort to performing. Letting others go in front of me at the grocery store when they only have a handful of items and I've got a cart-full, letting others by in traffic, those sorts of things.

Still, I feel like a bit of a cop-out, because I feel like I should be doing more, that was the whole point after all, wasn't it? I'll have to step it up this week, I guess.

This past Friday, however, I did volunteer to help my cousin out with a presentation of the Stations of the Cross she was putting together for the confirmation class at our church. It was a wonderful version of the stations she put together, geared toward the youth, and I was glad to be a part of it.

It was also a bit of a gift to me...I'd never quite experienced the stations in that manner, and it touched me in a way I didn't expect. Mysterious ways they say...mysterious ways.

2 comments:

Julia Phillips Smith said...

That's amazing about the Stations of the Cross and how something so familiar can reveal new truths to you.

Karina said...

That's so true Julia. The smallest things sometimes have the largest impact, you know?