Friday, March 21, 2008

Extra Extra I've got news - Follow-Up Friday

The first day of Spring here in my neck of the woods brought with it some insanely strong winds. With temps in the 30's, it felt more like a mid-winter day. Ah, Spring in New England. But, today, although still windy and cold, the sun is out. There's at least a false sense of the new season as I sit in my office with my heater on.

Once again this week I've managed to reply to comments directly at each individual post, so, if you left me a comment this week, check for my response accordingly. I'm attempting to do this daily now, and really, it's not like I get so many comments that I can't keep up. (That was a poorly disguised plea for comments if I ever saw one).

This was an interesting blogging week for me. I had a "bloggy" success moment on Saturday when I tried a bit of a "picture switch" magic with my Photo Hunter on Saturday....and it worked!

It was also a bit of a catch up week here at Candid Karina, with two memes I'd been tagged for on Monday, another more poetic meme I'd been meaning to do for months on Tuesday, and answers to some reader's questions on Wednesday. Yesterday it was all about Spring. And there were shoes, oh, how I want those red shoes.

I also managed a bit of poetry over at my oft-neglected writing blog, Creative Karina.

And at my new pop-culture blog, Cafe Karina, I not only kept up with my American Idol recaps, but I ventured into new territory as well. This post should show you the direction I plan on taking with that blog. In a word...random. It is for my random thoughts about the media world we live in. There will be celebrities, there will be music, there will be (of course) television, and yes, at times, there will even be news and politics. There will be snark, there will be humor (I hope), and there will be eye candy. I hope you'll come by for a cup'a.

But that's not all the bloggy news I have. I have two more ventures I'm extremely excited about.

First up, if you don't know by now, I belong to a fantastic group called SheWhoBlogs. It is a community of female bloggers offering one another support, fun and friendship. We have our own blog, and also, if you click on the handy little button on the sidebar, you can join our Yahoo Group. I'm inviting you, we'd love to have you.

But here's where the NEW comes in. Our fearless leader Frances decided that she wanted to begin a new weight loss program, and asked if any of us would be interested in joining her, and turning it into a blogging venture as well. Since I'm constantly saying I really need to get serious about getting and staying in shape, I decided I would have to join in. So, together with a group of ladies from SheWhoBlogs, today we launch our new blog SheWhoDiets (you know you love it). I'm excited to see what we will all come up with, and how we can all motivate each other to succeed in our health goals. Despite the name, this blog is not just about dieting, it is about exercise, about choosing healthy options, and just in general about making the right choices, and supporting one another in those decisions. I'm really looking forward to what's to come. I hope you'll stop by and see us.

And finally, the other new venture I'm giddy with excitement about. Last night at dinner at my parents' house, I was discussing my blog and the wonderful friendships I've made in the blogosphere. Quite unexpectedly my mom said "I should start a blog". Can you all hear me squealing with excitement? As a blogger I feel that everyone in the world should blog, and wish I could convince all my friends to do so, because they just don't know what they're missing out on. So, how cool is it that mom wants to join our ranks? I will be spending some time with her this weekend setting up a brand new blog for her...so stay tuned for Candid Momma.

That's all I've got for you today, and really, that's enough, ain't it? Come on by tomorrow to see what I've come up with for the Photo Hunter "Metal" theme and next week's Fun Monday is being hosted by Swampy, so you KNOW you've got to check that out.

Have a great Easter everyone.

5 comments:

Jannis said...

That is so cool that your mama is joining in. I look forward to getting to know her.

Unknown said...

I'm really excited for your mom to blog too. I can't seem to get any of my family hooked. :(

Diet/exercise sounds good. :) I joined a group called Cyber Fat Camp, should be good support.

ANA said...

Wow, that is awesome. I wish my mum would blog too.
And reply to comments. *sigh! There's a guilt ball hopping in my psyche, I am so far behind on my reading.

Julia Phillips Smith said...

First of all, congratulations to your mom for starting her blog. I can't wait to drop by!

I popped over to 'She Who Diets' - looks like a good spot.

And wanted to let you know I just did my Crazy 8's Meme.

Pamela said...

What a busy week. I lost weight just reading your industrious endeavors.\
(does exercising your brain give you a skinny head?)

Excited for your mom to join the fray.